There are three different heads in the JPX 900 range, the HOT METAL Iron, the FORGED Iron and the TOUR Iron.
Last season’s JPX 850 irons from Mizuno with the boron forged metal mix was probably one of our best performing irons of all time. It was the first time that we saw incredible distance from a soft forged feeling club.
This coming year sees Mizuno advance on the boron forged technology and also the addition of their new metal, Chromoly 4140M with the JPX 900 range.
Top 5 Things to Know about JPX 900
Hot Metal, Forged and Tour Irons
Hot Metal Iron
Hot Metal Iron priced from €135 (per iron fully custom built)
- A super deep cavity iron with lovely soft rolled edges gives this head a soft smooth look.
- The Chromoly mix gives this head a lovely sharp yet solid hit and “click” at impact.
- Team up with the new Nippon Modus 105 steel shaft for a solid soaring ball flight.
- If it’s a graphite shaft you like then the ultimate graphite shaft UST’s Recoil is available in this head at no upcharge – the feel of graphite with the solid consistent performance of steel.
- If distance is what you want then this is the head to go for. As Mizuno themselves say “Offensive ball speed”
Forged Iron priced from €145 (per iron fully custom built)
- This is the direct replacement for the 850 head so the look and shape is somewhat similar.
- The Boron Forged metal mix has been refined to make the head and especially the face a little softer but a lot stronger – this means more ball speed, longer distance without sacrificing the usual Mizuno feel.
- The refinement of the boron mix has also produced a new slightly wider, deeper cavity chamber. The “powerframe” in the iron with the new milled pocket, allows for a larger more forgiving strike area thanks to the re-distribution of 21.5 grams into the toe and outer cavity. Bottom line is this head is very stable with off centre hits.
- This head is the feel one. Every strike feels soft but flies off the face. We saw a ball speed gain of 2 MPH over the 850 head but it doesn’t give up on the great Mizuno feel.
- Match this head up with the KBS C-Taper Lite steel shaft for that lovely smooth feeling rocket launcher flight.
Tour Head priced from €145 (per iron fully custom built)
- This head has a cool looking soft satin finish – this head has that purist look that the better player looks for.
- Forged from a 1025E Pure select mild carbon steel means it has the softest feel of any club out there.
- The top line is really thin with a minimalist look to the club at address. The head is marginally smaller in footprint over the Forged head so be brave, stand tall and turn – this head looks small but delivers in spades.
- We tested the new Project X LZ steel shaft with this head and found the classic Project X steel shaft the nicest in it for good solid delivery of this head and also good feedback through the shaft.
- A €145 per club this real players iron comes in a long way shorter in price over the competition but performs a LONG way outside all of them.
All three of the new JPX 900 heads available now for fitting at ForeGolf
ForeGolf is a Mizuno Performance Fitting Centre
We have the largest selection of specially weighted heads and the largest selection of custom shafts.
Book Your Custom Fit Online
1 Hour Custom Fit €100 (Full Bag)
30 Minute Custom Fit €50 (New Single Club)
« Previous Post: Callaway Sub-Zero Driver, a ForeGolf EXCLUSIVE
Next Post: The 19 Day Giveaway